Friday, November 8, 2013

Gender Reveal

We decided to throw a little party to announce the gender of our baby! I was hesitant to do so because I thought gender reveal parties were a slightly self-absorbed excuse to have another celebration and receive presents if you're already going to have a baby shower. But I thought a little longer and realized it's actually such a fun way to get everyone involved and excited with us, and Matt deserves to have a celebration for his new baby with his friends too, because men don't usually go to baby showers. :) And I could say "no gifts please" on the invitation!  Plus, I mainly wanted to do it because the photos from the party would be the best announcement. So Matt and I put on a super low-key get-together at a park and we had so much fun! I wish more of our family could have been there to join us!

So! Here it is! We are having a....

video



Sweet baby girl!

(THANK YOU Melissa for having DIVINE gourmet chocolate cupcakes filled with pink frosting delivered to our door!)

1 comment:

  1. I get more excited for this each week.

    And BTW, the title of your blog always make me think of my dad who loved to say that...usually just to make my mom groan :)

    ReplyDelete